Despite the temperatures still in the 90’s, fall is right around the corner! So grab a Pumpkin Spice Latte, put on your sweaters and check out some of these must-do fall activities!
- Located at Old Forth Ward Park, the Fall Festival consists of food trucks, drinks, live music, lantern making and ends with the Lantern Festival on the Beltline! Last year, I grabbed a drink from New Realm and watched the Lantern Festival from there. This is such a unique experience and is so much fun!
Sept. 20th to November 11th
- The train ride begins in downtown Blue Ridge and travels along the Toccoa River, with beautiful scenic views of the Chattahoochee National Forrest. The one hour train ride ends on the Georgia/Tennessee boarder (McCaysville, Georgia and Copperhill, Tennessee), which is a cute little town with lots of shops and restaurants! You are given 2 hours to explore before hopping back on the train for the one hour ride back to downtown Blue Ridge! The train also has snacks and hot chocolate for sale! Great way to view the beautiful fall foliage and North Georgia scenery! Make sure you bundle up because this is an open air train!
The best time to go apple picking is August through October.
- Ellijay, Georgia is just an hour and a half north of the city and has many different orchards and farms that have fantastic apple picking and other fall activities! Check out one of the following this fall:
- Hillcrest Orchards
- B.J. Reece Orchards
- R&A Orchards
- Red Apple Barn
September 19th to September 29th.
- Can’t beat a night at the fair – plus there will be performances by Lee Brice, Tyler Farr, Caleb Lee Hutchinson and more! Check out the concert schedule here.
Pumpkin Patch and Corn Mazes:
Below are a few different options for pumpkin patches to visit! Some of these farms also have corn mazes, hayrides, petting zoos and more!
- Uncle Shuck’s: Known for their corn maze
- Jaemor Farms
- Berry Patch Farms:
- Southern Belle Farm
- Burt’s Farm
Helen, GA : September 5th through October 27th
- Dress in traditional attire, enjoy bratwurst, pretzels and steins of beer! Oktoberfest in Helen, GA has been going on for over 50 years and is one of the best ways to celebrate!
Old Forth Ward: October 11th – 12th
- Food trucks, steins of beer, and live music in Old Forth Ward park!
Enjoy! Stay tuned for an Atlanta Holiday Guide as we get closer to winter. 🙂