Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and I love making new homemade sweets each year for the holiday! Valentine’s Day has always been one of my favorite holidays because it is a day filled with love, chocolate and more chocolate! This year, I am making a Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Skillet, made with Rivulet Pecan liqueur for a delicious twist! I topped the skillet with a Rivulet Pecan salted caramel drizzle and it added the perfect touch to tie this dessert together. If you are a fan of chocolate turtles this recipe is for you!
Rivulet Liqueur is a delicious pecan flavored liqueur that has the perfect flavor and is very smooth. I added it both to the cookie dough and the pecan salted caramel drizzle on top of the skillet to maximize the flavors of this delectable dessert!
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie Skillet Recipe Below:
• 1 ½ sticks softened butter
• 1 cup light brown sugar
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoons Rivulet Liqueur
• 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
• ¼ cup pecans
Rivulet Pecan Salted Caramel drizzle:
2 tablespoons Rivulet
½ cup caramel sauce
1 teaspoon salt
Heat on the stove over medium heat, constantly stirring. Once combined (after 1 minute or so) remove from heat.
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Add softened butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
3. Add the egg, egg yolk, Rivulet Liqueur and vanilla and mix until combined.
4. Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt, just until combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
5. Press the cookie dough into a 10’’ or 12’’ cast iron skillet
6. Bake for 30- 35 minutes or until it looks just barely golden. It is important to not overbake the cookie, since it will continue to bake in the hot skillet once removed.
7. Let the cookie cool in the skillet for 20 minutes, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the middle, and drizzle the pecan salted caramel syrup over the skillet.
8. Add sprinkles if desired.
Cut the skillet into slices, or just dig in with a spoon!
I received compensation for this post.